Today, there’s intense competition in almost every area of life. Everyone is trying to stand out from the crowd. Authors are no exception.
The main secret to a successful book launch is marketing. You can’t publish a book without marketing it first. And no, I don’t mean waiting until your book comes out and then putting up a few social media posts. I mean planning your entire launch strategy before you even publish the book.
Authors have to be more attentive about their book launch marketing strategies these days because people have many options available to choose from when it comes to books.
The Necessity of a Strong Book Launch Strategy
One of the most essential things for an author to look upon is the book launch strategy. A book launch marketing plan is a strategic way to not only create hype but also to create an audience base for your book before you launch it. It will help you get more people to buy your book, and a good number of initial sales can help your book rank high on the bestsellers list.
By implementing effective marketing strategies before launching your book, you can promote it widely and gain many followers before its release date. You can also build excitement around your upcoming book and gain exposure to it. This will boost readers’ interest in reading your book, and consequently, you’ll gain more readers for it on its launch day.
4 Elements That Should Be a Part of Your Book Launch Marketing Strategy
The day of your launch matters the most as it can make or break your book sales. Especially if you’re selling your books through Amazon, a good number of sales on the very first day will help you climb the list of the bestselling books in your specific genre and it can even contribute to a good number of sales in the days following up the launch. To have a successful launch, you need to have these four main things:
- A landing page: This can be a webpage from your website with details about your book, your AllAuthor’s book page, or the direct link to Amazon buy page.
- Social media posts creating the pre-launch buzz: Even before your book is out, you need to create interest among the readers and social media plays a crucial role in it. Open your book up for pre-launch and have your interested readers buy the book before it’s out through social media promotions.
- A launch email: Your email list is golden to make a few easy book sales on the launch day since these are people already interested in you. So have a pre-launch and a launch email ready to get those initial sales flowing.
- A new book alert: Now, you have everything ready to promote to your social media followers and email subscribers. Now all that’s left is to inform your loyal AllAuthor followers. You can use the New Book Alert feature to send in-app notifications to all your followers on AllAuthor with a short description of your book and a direct Amazon buy link.
Pro-Authors can take this one step further. Pro-Authors can send direct alerts to the email inboxes of their followers about their new book!
How to Schedule New Book Release Alerts on AllAuthor (for Free!)?
- First of all, open your Profile on AllAuthor and click on ‘New Release Alerts’ from the left column.
- If you have already added this new book to your profile, then you simply need to click on the ‘Send Email’ or ‘Send Notification’ button.
- Our team will receive your request and we will verify the details and schedule your notification/email within 48 hours.
- Once the notification/email is sent out, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
If you haven’t yet added your new books to your AllAuthor profile, don’t worry.
Simply click on ‘My Books’ from the left column. Here you can quickly add your book details through your ASIN number or add details manually. And you can then follow the same process as above to schedule the alerts.
It takes only a couple of minutes to set up this alert and can play a vital role in pushing your book in front of your followers.
So if you’re about to release a new book, schedule your book alerts for the launch day!