Happy New Year folks!
As promised at the start of 2018, we had introduced new exciting, easy-to-use design tools and many amazing offers for authors to make use of. We have also released the Android app for AllAuthor in 2018.
While 2018 focused mainly on helping authors reach more readers, for the year 2019, we have introduced loads of new features beneficial for both readers and authors and some more exciting features slated for release within a couple of months. Let’s have a look at all the new introductions for the year 2019.
New Updates in Author Profile
- Ask Question to The Author – Through this feature, readers can now directly ask questions to the author and authors can directly send in their replies. Once you send out a question, it will be displayed on the Author’s Profile with options to ‘Like’ and ‘Reply’ to the question.
If you are a reader wanting to ask a question to an author, open the particular author’s Author Profile and scroll down to the end of the page. Type in your question in the ‘Ask Question’ text box and hit ‘Enter’. To start with, you can choose from the options of pre-defined questions present under ‘Pick A Question’ button present on the top right corner of the text box. Now your question will be visible on the Author Profile.
- Follow Author – Through this feature authors and readers can follow other authors to get a notification on their new updates and releases.
If you are an author or a reader who wishes to follow other authors, just open the particular author’s Author Profile and click on the ‘Follow’ button below the author’s profile picture. You can also unfollow the authors any time by using the same option.
New Updates in Book Page
- Add to All Time Favourite – This option lets the readers create their own ‘All Time Favourite’ list of books. The number of readers who have added the particular book to their ‘All-Time Favourite’ will also be visible for all users. One can only add a maximum of 25 books to one’s profile, so this ‘All Time Favourite Books’ will be the most liked books by you!
If you are a reader and want to add a particular book to your ‘All-Time Favorite’ list, then all you have to do is open that book’s particular page and click on the ‘Add to All Time Favourite’ button present next to the cover image of the book, give a short reason as to why it is your favourite and click ‘Submit’. The book will be automatically added to your ‘All Time Favourite Books’. The number of readers who have added the book to their All-Time Favourite’ list will be displayed before this button.
You can also add the book to your All Time Favourite’ list from the Book Directory directly by clicking on the ‘Add to All Time Favourite’ icon or from the section ‘Books’ under the ‘Author Profile’ too.
Readers can access all these favourite books from ‘My Profile’ where the list of the ‘All-Time Favourite Books’ will be displayed.
- Book Discussion – This feature lets the authors and readers discuss various aspects of the book. Anyone can reply to the discussions, join them and interact with fellow readers and authors. You can also choose from the 30 pre-defined book discussion topics.
Be it an author or a reader, you can start a ‘Book Discussion’ by opening the particular Book Profile, scroll down to the bottom. Below the Amazon Review section, you will see a text box with an option ‘Start Discussion’. Type in any question or your opinion of the book and hit ‘Enter’.
If you need any help to start with, you can click on the ‘Add Discussion Topic’ button present on the top right corner of the text box and choose one topic to ask a question from. If you see a comment that you want to reply to, just click ‘Reply’ to add to the discussion or just click ‘Like’ if you like their thoughts.
- Assign Series/Standalone – Now authors can add all the respective books of a series to its own series collection by choosing this option.
If you are an author who wishes to club all the books of your series under its series name, then choose the ‘Assign Series/Standalone’ button present next to the cover image of the book. Choose ‘Series’ from the dropdown list and type in the name of the series and save it. Now all the books assigned to a particular series will be displayed together under the series name.
New Reader Profile
A new profile for readers is created with their own customization options to add their personal information, social media links, and so on. Here are some of the highlights of the Reader Profile.
- Add your own profile picture, add genres that you like under ‘Books I Read’, include Profession, Date of Birth and an introduction under About. Add the country you are from and your social media handles. All these options are available under ‘Edit Profile’.
- All readers can create, edit and store their own quotes from Add Quotes option present under the section Utility Tools in ‘Edit Profile’ page. You can also favourite a quote to have it saved on your profile by clicking on the little ‘red heart’. You can find all your favourite quotes under ‘My Favourite Quotes’ under the same Utility Tools section.
- As seen earlier, you can add your favourite books to your ‘All Time Favourite Books’ collection. You can see all of your favourite books under ‘My Profile’ option.
- Any user can ask readers questions by opening their profile and click on the ‘Ask Question’ option at the end of the profile. If you want to see the questions asked, click ‘My Profile’ and scroll down to the bottom to see, like and reply to them.
Tips for Authors
This new feature is present in a new page where authors can select the theme of the tips they want to share – writing or marketing. Authors can then type in short tips they wish to share with the other authors. Authors can also see the tips added by the other authors and ‘Like’ the tips that they find interesting and useful. You can access this new page by clicking on ‘Authors’ Top 5 Tips’ under the main category ‘Authors’. You can also
All of these above options are now live on the website. You can start using these options right away!
Update Call Wall
By this feature, all our authors can have an individual wall where all their new book releases and updates will be automatically displayed. Authors do not need to spend the time to keep their wall updated. A new post will be automatically generated every time the author has added a new book, when their author interview is published, when they have introduced a new book deal, when they have published a new post in our blog, when they added a book to their ‘All Time Favourite’ and when they have added a new quote to their collection.
On the readers’ wall, the updates about when they have added a new quote and when they have added a book to their ‘All Time Favourite Books’ will be automatically generated.
This feature is under development right now and we will keep you informed when it will be rolled out.
We hope all of you enjoy the new features introduced. Head on to AllAuthor, try out the new features and let us know your thoughts.
We are striving to introduce more such features for the convenience of readers and authors. Your constant support and valuable feedback is keeping us going in the right direction and we appreciate and cherish all those authors and readers who have encouraged us.
To get the best out of all the features of AllAuthor, authors can update their profile to become a Pro-Author! Click here to become a Pro-Author now!